[mythtv-users] VDPAU: motherboard with GeForce 8xxx or separate 9xxx card?

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Fri Dec 12 09:50:43 UTC 2008

Ma Begaj schreef op 12-12-2008 10:24:
> 2008/12/11 Jos Hoekstra <joshoekstra at gmx.net>:
>> Why not wait until the driver and the code are stable, Nvidia releases
>> the driver as a beta now, besides the only way to use it is to use trunk
>> now.
>>
>> It probably still takes a few months to let it stabilize.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jos Hoekstra
>
> Well, I was thinking about that but there is a Christmas coming :). I
> will wait  If I do not receive much encouragement through this list.

The different users daring enough to try it are pretty positive in
general, but it also means keeping up with de -dev and -commits list to
see relevant patches and instructions floating by.

I ordered a new Mobo based on Nvidia 730i(Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H) as
well, but as I'm not having a TV which can be driven through HDMI/DP or
DVI it's not of much use yet. I got it for the reason that my current
board starts to feel slow and is continually having a 80 to 100% load
when playing video.

Regards,

Jos Hoekstra