[mythtv-users] RSS feed of mythtv-users

Friedrich Clausen fred at derf.nl
Fri Dec 12 10:24:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/12/2008 1:52 AM, xavier hervy wrote:
>> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>>> Ian Clark wrote:
>>>

>>> Coming late to this, but Thunderbird provides for filters to run against
>>> incoming mail, before you see it. I filter on "[mythth-users]" in the
>>> Subject line and all of these mails go to a separate folder.
>>>
>>> Very easy and logical.
>>>
>>> Geoff
>>>

>> I am quite happy with thunderbird too. I am just wondering If it is
>> possible to mark a thread as read so any new incoming mail in this
>> thread would be mark as read too.
>>
>> That would be very helpfull for this mailing list.
>
> I know, in a threaded view, you can right-click a message and choose
> "Mark -> Thread as read". But I don't think that applies to new messages
> received in that thread.

Also coming late to this thread but I can recommend Gmail's
"conversation" concept has a handy way to read mail - each thread is
neatly self contained. Also, Thunderbird does indeed have a similar
view when you click on the "thread" sort button (on the same row as
the sort by subject, date, etc column buttons.)

Regards,

Fred.