[mythtv-users] New install on MythDora 5.0 and Pinnacle Capture Card

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Fri Dec 12 15:33:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 09:02 -0600, Mitch Gore wrote:

> so once Mike puts the firmware in /lib/firmware will the video4linux
> rpm included in mythdora support this card?  According to the
> linuxtv.org page it says you need to compile the mainline v4l-dvb
> repo.
>

> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_HD_Card_(800i)#Drivers

Unfortunately I am of little or no help once we get into the specifics
of packages on MythDora. The last version of RedHat I ran was 7.2 (way
before Fedora Core was conceived), and I now run Mythbuntu on my system.
I know when I had Mythbuntu 8.04 I had to have a newer version of the
dvb drivers than what kernel 2.6.24 had in order to support the 800i. I
now run 2.6.27 and the drivers for the 800i are part of the kernel. What
kernel does MythDora 5 have? You may need to get a newer kernel, or
compile the drivers. Again I have more experience with Ubuntu.

Cheers,
James