[mythtv-users] OT: Seagate to reduce warranties on consumer drives to 3 years from 2009

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 15:41:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Nick Morrott
<knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/12/12/seagate_cuts_bare_drive_warranty/
>
> If you're thinking of buying a bare/OEM Seagate consumer drive over
> the holiday period, get it before the end of the year to get the
> current 5 year warranty.

Hmmm. To me this means I will not purchase only Seagate drives. I mean
the biggest reason I purchase only seagate drives is the warranty. I
wonder if they change this when sales take a considerable hit. I know
this is small potatoes but I have 200 or so Seagate SATA drives
between home and work.

John