[mythtv-users] 5.1 audio on hdpvr

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Sat Dec 13 22:03:15 UTC 2008

I have 1 hdpvr unit with the beta firmware loaded on it and 1 unit with the firmware that came with
the unit (c2) plugged into the same backend. I have a svn trunk from 2 weeks ago or so.
I had put in the default_audio_input=2 option into the module options file and plugged
them all in.  Pass through digital sound works just fine on the updated unit.
I went to do a test recording (with mythtv) and it started recording but then stopped
a second into it. mythtv went on normally recording nothing.
dmesg showed a few

/usr/local/src/hdpvr/v4l/hdpvr-video.c: usb_submit_urb in submit_pending_buffers returned -19
/usr/local/src/hdpvr/v4l/hdpvr-video.c: couldn't submit buffers

messages but otherwise fine.

The older unit without digital audio plugged into it recorded the video fine but since
the default audio was set to 2 it had now sound.
This was also without changing the database capturecard audio entry.

At the time I had debugging turned off in the backend so nothing good there.
will redo later with that changed. But thought I would bounce this out to see
if anyone had any thoughts on why the unit stopped recording.

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org