[mythtv-users] Frontend for HD Content question.

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 00:11:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Nick Ellson <grimm at nickellson.com> wrote:

> I also want to look at the idea of dedicating a NIC on the back end just
> for the HDHome Run, that sounded like a nice idea. And see how the profile
> change works as well.
>
> Thanks for all the ideas everyone!
>
>  Nick
>
> --
> Nick Ellson
> CCIE# 20018
> MCSE 2000, Security+, Network+
> Network Hobbyist, VFR Private Pilot.

Keep in mind that the HDHR needs DHCP.  So a dedicated NIC on your
backend requires a DHCP server.  When you start or reboot your
backend, the DHCP server can't get the HDHR an IP address before
mythbackend starts, so mythbackend will start without recognizing your
HDHR tuners.  The workaround is to restart mythtv-backend again each
time you boot/reboot.