[mythtv-users] Playback jumped the tracks (from one recording to another)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 15 03:57:24 UTC 2008

On 12/14/2008 10:18 PM, Larry K wrote:
> I vaguely remember reading something about this particular issue, but
> searching for it turned up nothing...
>
> Anyway,  I was recording the Survivor Finale and also Sunday Night
> Football (and maybe something else too).  We were watching the
> Survivor recording and skipping past the commercials, when all of a
> sudden, we were watching the football game recording in progress.
> Somehow, myth seems to have jumped the tracks, left Survivor and went
> into the football game.  Totally weird.  Stunned, I exited out of the
> game, and went back into Survivor, where it continued where we left off.
>
> Wow!  Can anyone explain this one?

Assuming (couldn't tell for sure from your descriptions) you were
watching the recording in progress (not watching LiveTV), you hit the
key bound to JUMPPREV ("Jump to previously played recording"), which is
unbound by default, or--more likely--PREVCHAN ("Switch to the previous
channel"--OK, you probably knew what that one meant;), which is bound to
'H' by default.  When watching a recording (not LiveTV), PREVCHAN is
treated the same as JUMPPREV (since there are no previous channels in
recording playback).

Mike