[mythtv-users] MythTV crash...

Andrew Villeneuve mythtv at villeneuves.com
Mon Dec 15 06:27:40 UTC 2008

Brian wrote:
>> In the last case, it can take differing time periods for a DVD dfrive to
be
recognized. If it has a disk in it it will come up faster, and the first one
up gets the /dev/dvd1 moniker in your case.

I have the same problem, seems that my 2 DVD drives are close in speed, it's
tossup which one gets seen first. I just put a disk in the one I want to be
first. Crude, but effective.

I only have one DVD drive though.... a Pioneer 216D.

Mike, you could definitely be right about the partition getting full. The
SATA drive that runs Ubuntu is only 16 GB. (It's a SATA solid state drive -
single layer cell). It is only supposed to run the operating system, though.
My intention is to use RAID for storage. I have not set up the array yet.
Guess it's time to do that.

I've been advised that software RAID solutions don't work too well with
MythTV, so I got an Adaptec controller card to manage the RAID5 array I want
to set up on my three Seagate 1 terabyte HDDs.

Andrew