[mythtv-users] Myth2Ipod Problems: held off as long as I could.

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 22:27:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Douglas Wagner <douglasw0 at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> So to start: I am trying to get a recording to export to iPod format (mp4
>> to be exact) using the Myth2iPod script.  And I'm running into SIGNIFICANT
>> problems doing so.
>>
>> First, and foremost, http://myth2ipod.com no longer exists...meaning this
>> entire script can no longer be reproduced since 3/4 of the needed stuff came
>> from that site.  I do still have the tools and utilities and some minor
>> documentation (I kick myself every time I don't store a website like this
>> locally, what's with all these needed and used websites going offline these
>> days anyway?), so I proceeded forward.
>> Conversely should I be "doing away" with the Myth2iPod stuff and doing
>> something differently?  The thing I like most about Myth2Ipod is the fact
>> that it creates a feed useable within iTunes to auto-load this stuff to the
>> iPod.  I know that's probably pretty basic but it's big for me.
>>
>> Doug,
>
> Seeing as how you are using Ubuntu - have you tried mythexport?
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythExport  You can install it using
> apt.  I tried to use myth2ipod, but never did too well with it.  Mythexport
> works very well for me - and creates iTunes feeds.

Nick: I''m having significant problems with this one also:

/usr/share/perl5/MythTV/StorageGroup.pm line 57.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/mythexport
line 181.
/usr/bin/mythexport line 244.
/usr/bin/mythexport line 244.
sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
AtomicParsley error: can't open
/mnt/varchive/ipodfeed/CW11-DT,-St.-Louis-Digital-CW_Chaotic_A_Flux_Too_Far_20081.mp4
--genre "TV Shows" --stik "TV Show" --TVNetwork
CW11-DT,-St.-Louis-Digital-CW for reading: No such file or directory
AP error trying to fopen: No such file or directory
sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
2008-12-15 15:54:54.037 JobQueue: Finished "Encode for iPod New" for
"Chaotic" recorded from channel 1111 at Sat Oct 18 11:00:00 2008.
2008-12-15 15:54:54.044 jobqueue: Job "Encode for iPod New" Finished:
Finished "Encode for iPod New" for "Chaotic" recorded from channel 1111 at
Sat Oct 18 11:00:00 2008.

The version of mythexport in place is:  mythexport 1.0-0ubuntu1 which
doesn't seem to match the 1.0.6 version that's out on the testing site.  I
assume, again, this is an old version of the script that doesn't work.

I've added:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu-testing/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu-testing/ubuntu hardy main

But those don't seem to be doing it either as if I disable all archives but
that one I get a message that there's basically nothing to install (i.e.
it's not seeing the archive downloads).

You'll have to excuse me, I am a debian newbie...all my work is done in
redhat and apt-get is a foreign concept to me.

Help?