[mythtv-users] MvixPVR has component input

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 11:07:44 UTC 2008

I came across this today. The MvixPVR is a linux powered device that seems
to be like a hybrid of an appletv and an hd-pvr. The most interesting thing
is that it will have component inputs and will be able to record to mpeg-2
from what I can find. It can playback at 1080p over HDMI. There isn't much
info available. I think I read it is supposed to be out Q1 2009. Since it is
linux based is it likely going to be able to play nice with mythtv as a
network tuner and frontend hybrid? Is anybody more familiar with this device
or with other Mvix products? Are they generally OSS friendly or are they
more the Tivo type?

http://myces.bdmetrics.com/PDT-345420/Mvix-USA-Inc-/MvixPVR-Media-Center-PVR/MvixPVR.aspx
http://www.mvix.net/default.asp