[mythtv-users] Strange DVB-T Interference Any Ideas

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Dec 16 18:22:19 UTC 2008

Mike Perkins wrote:
> Have you considered birds? I get problems at certain times of year from the
> local flock of wood pigeons roosting on everyone's aerials. Not a lot you can do
> directly without getting up to the aerial and applying some kind of deterrent -
> like they use in town centres to keep pigeons off. (A shotgun may be a suitable
> alternative, I couldn't possibly comment.)

At small airports rubber snakes are used to discourage birds from
roosting on parked aircraft, with varying degrees of success.

I've heard an owl decoy is sometimes successful at discouraging pigeons,
but risks drawing attacks from crows.

Bird spikes are effective but not practical for an aerial, as they'd
detune it.