[mythtv-users] Database update schema error with trunk utf8

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Dec 17 08:33:36 UTC 2008

> It must be standard in gentoo not to include latin1 support for mysql,
> as I have never specified -latin1, that is just default.  I've never
> had any other database problems in the years of using myth.  This is
> my 3rd myth server, so I can't be sure that the other ones didn't have
> latin1, but they have all been gentoo boxes, so my guess is they were
> configured the same.
>
> Actually maybe I do have some weird latin1 support built in, but swedish?!
> mysql> SHOW CHARSET LIKE 'latin1%';
> +---------+----------------------+-------------------+--------+
> | Charset | Description          | Default collation | Maxlen |
> +---------+----------------------+-------------------+--------+
> | latin1  | cp1252 West European | latin1_swedish_ci |      1 |
> +---------+----------------------+-------------------+--------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> very odd...

I'm also running gentoo and I have exactly the same swedish entry in my
system as well.

I'm about to update myy mysql server by the looks of it and have the
default set of flags on it as well.

[ebuild     U ] dev-db/mysql-5.0.70-r1 [5.0.70] USE="berkdb perl ssl
-big-tables -cluster -debug -embedded -extraengine -latin1 -max-idx-128
-minimal (-selinux) -static" 109 kB

--
Robin Gilks