[mythtv-users] Transcode Question

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 08:50:56 UTC 2008

For all my HD recordings, I have an auto-transcode setting that
transcodes to xvid  at 720xAuto resolution. In the past, this
sometimes (not often) results in an unwatchable transcode (audio badly
out of sync issues mostly). Sometimes I can simply transcode again and
it fixes itself, but other times, that just makes it worse. I know you
can set myth to keep originals when transcoding. I wondered if there
was an option to keep the old copies until such a time as the user
watches the transcode, and verifies that it is good, and then allows
the copy to be removed. Anyone know? Or would this be a feature request?

~Jon