[mythtv-users] xorg high cpu usage

freedenizen freedenizen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 16:02:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 7:12 AM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> It sounds like OpenGL is broken on your system (assuming you are using
> OpenGL painter)

Same problem using opengl or qt (qt is slightly faster obviously, but
same problem)

I'm using the nvidia driver (not nv), running gentoo, I've tried using
the nvidia-drivers through the gentoo ebuild as well as manually
installing them from nvidia.  The kernel module and nvidia xorg driver
seem to be loading fine judging from log files.  glxgears runs well
~1500fps I've tried with and without vsync to blank set in
nvidia-settings, kinda banging my head against the wall at this point