[mythtv-users] xorg high cpu usage

Lee Koloszyc teething12 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 16:16:15 UTC 2008

freedenizen wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 7:12 AM, Brad DerManouelian
>  wrote:
>
>> It sounds like OpenGL is broken on your system (assuming you are using
>> OpenGL painter)
>>

> Same problem using opengl or qt (qt is slightly faster obviously, but
> same problem)
>
> I'm using the nvidia driver (not nv), running gentoo, I've tried using
> the nvidia-drivers through the gentoo ebuild as well as manually
> installing them from nvidia.  The kernel module and nvidia xorg driver
> seem to be loading fine judging from log files.  glxgears runs well
> ~1500fps I've tried with and without vsync to blank set in
> nvidia-settings, kinda banging my head against the wall at this point

I had this exact same problem at some point trying to figure the video
problem and I can't remember what I did to fix it.  Did you have a
different Nvidia card previously? Was it working fine?

The first step would be to run:
eselect opengl set nvidia
to verify you are using the nvidia opengl (though it is usually done in
the ebuild).

I can give you my configuration information when I get home later tonight.

Lee