[mythtv-users] Sky Set Top Box control only at set times ?

Paul Hurley paul at paulhurley.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 09:10:58 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I've built a test myth system, mainly to guage the potential WAF before
going for it.  I've got a Hauppauge Nova-T USB stick which works great
for DVB-T (freeview in the UK) and I've got various rules picking shows.

My next step is to try and get shows from our Sky satellite set top
box.  I'm planning to get a hauppauge capture card that can do analogue,
and wire up an IR blaster to control the sky box using a channel
changing script.  But until I can convince the family, they will be
watching Sky live straight from the set top box.

Is there a way to tell Myth only to control the Sky box in set times, (
like 11:30 till 06:00 and 10:00 to 15:00 weekdays) ??  Or some way to
work out if someone is watching the skybox and not control it ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul.

--
Paul Hurley	http://www.paulhurley.co.uk/
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.