[mythtv-users] Old entries in inuseprograms not cleaned up

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 18 13:34:45 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Just wondering what this table is used for. I have some issues with my
tuners and poor signal on mux 2 in the UK DVB-T freeview. As a result
any recordings on those channels are prone to breaking mid-broadcast. In
this event, the entry in inuseprograms seems to get left. I found a
ticket/fix in trac that does housekeeping, and removes entries older
than 4 hours. My entries seem to be lingering a lot longer than that.
Although the mythweb status page reports that no encoders are being
used, I use munin for monitoring and this runs a query against the
inuseprograms for one of the graphs. This results in a confusing graph.
So, three questions:
1) Do I need to activate something for the >4hr house cleaning to be
done,
2) If this fills up with six entries (I have 3 DVB-T cards each with 2
virtual tuners) will it refuse to record anything else, and
3) Is there any impact if I go in and manually remove the old entries

Thanks in advance
Steve