[mythtv-users] ATI Remote Wonder Plus

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 18 18:07:26 UTC 2008

On 12/18/2008 12:19 PM, jansenj wrote:
>> When it comes to the ATI Remote Wonder, lirc_atiusb and ati_remote are 2
>> different ways of using the remote that cannot be mixed.  I'm guessing
>> that's true, also, with the RW+.
> They are mutually exclusive.  ati_remote.c is the module you would use to
> use it as a keyboard/mouse
>
> Then I just recompile the ati_remote module
> I have to blacklist the lirc_atiusb module, and not use
> lirc with the remote.

Isn't there a LIRC driver that reads input from from ati_remote (i.e.
using the input subsystem, I think) so you can load ati_remote (to use
it as "a keyboard") but also get the (substantial) benefit that LIRC
provides for apps that support LIRC?

(I'm using atilibusb so I don't need /any/ kernel modules--everything's
in userspace--so I'm not sure, but I think I've heard discussion of
using it that way.)

Mike