[mythtv-users] Patching .21-fixes for HDPVR

zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 15:42:52 UTC 2008

--- On Fri, 12/19/08, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:

> As the wiki article explicitly says, the HD-PVR only works
> in trunk,
> and those patches only apply to trunk as well.  If you want
> to run the
> HD-PVR, you must run trunk and, for that matter, must
> follow the -dev
> and -commits lists.

Sorry, I don't see where the wiki states explicitly that the HD-PVR works only in trunk and the patches are only for trunk. The patches say "unknown" for version and milestone, and "The initial patches have been applied to Trunk, and no patching is currently necessary for basic usage of the HD-PVR in MythTV." is followed by instructions on applying the patches to MythTV. I incorrectly concluded from that that the patches would backport the changes to 0.21.

Thanks for the info.