[mythtv-users] Always something going wrong with Myth

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Dec 19 20:14:46 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 09:30:13AM -0800, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
> Hello. I just can't seem to get myth to work properly. There's always
> something that it's messing up on.
>
> Live TV absolutely never has the voice sync working. All recorded shows and
> all movies work just fine. So I'm stumped on this one.

    Mebbe you should consider not trying to use the DVR as a TV. Even when
we still had our Tivos we really didn't do that. We kept around a separate
tuner for that. If you can't wait until the show ends before you start
watching it, you're not going to really benefit that much from a DVR. You
won't be able to skip the commercials much.

> Shows don't always record when they're supposed to. Yesterday for example,
> Top Chef didn't record. We have two tuners, and were watching live tv at
> that time, so the other tuner should have recorded it, but it didn't. Not

Are you checking on what Myth thinks it should be doing. Your rules can
do some weird things and it will shuffle things around. A more precise
rule with a very high priority might help. I am sure the others will
have suggestions too.