[mythtv-users] To "Live TV" or not to "Live TV" within myth...

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 01:01:20 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> means
> >>
> >> What you are missing is that sports events typically run over their
> >> allotted time slot.  Sure, you can manually go in add add time to a
> >> recording, but isn't it easy to just watch it through Live TV?
> >
> > Most sports events don't run over time. I watch a lot of rugby and have
> > never had a game run over time. For those sports that do (such as
> cricket) I
> > add time at the end - it's no more difficult than finding the right
> channel
> > in Live TV. If you watch it on Live TV then you have the issue of other
> > scheduled recordings interfering. I'd rather have my conflicts resolved
> in
> > advance.
>
> Obviously, you don't watch sports on TV in the United States.

Correct. Believe or not there are a lot of Myth users who live outside North
America.

But that's beside the point. It is not difficult to handle overruns with
scheduled recordings (in fact I seem to remember some talk of a script to
automatically handle sports overruns). You may prefer to use Live TV for
sports, that's fine. But you're not going to convince people who don't use
Live TV that your way is the best way, including the devs.

Regards,
Steve