[mythtv-users] To "Live TV" or not to "Live TV" within myth...

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Dec 21 10:45:13 UTC 2008

Steve Hodge wrote:
> 2. "Have you considered not using Live TV since it doesn't do what you

That is a perfectly reasonable and helpful reply, but the actual
reply was "Mebbe you should consider not trying to use the DVR as
a TV", which has a little more spin on it.

> Look, what it boils down to is this: the vast majority of the devs don't
> use Live TV for anything other than testing. That is the case for many
> of the users who answer questions here as well. So don't expect a lot of
> support for it. I understand the frustration of a feature that doesn't
> work the way you want it to, but the only likely way the situation is
> going to improve is for someone who cares about Live TV to submit some
> patches. I don't think you're going to have any luck trying to convince
> people who don't use Live TV to care about it.

I don't think that's true of all the devs. Some of the chat going on
here shows a care for the general quality of the software, not just
adding what the individual wants.

Cheers,
	Paul.