[mythtv-users] Fast or Slow deletes ???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Dec 21 16:58:31 UTC 2008

On Sunday 21 December 2008 09:46:25 Jim Stichnoth wrote:

> The
> best ways to help this were to enable fast deletes (ext file systems) and
> to restrict mythfilldatabase to the wee hours when almost nothing is
> recording.

"Fast Deletes" ???

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Do you mean *not* enabling slow deletes? If you don't do this, then the
blocking from deleting a large file can cause problems with ext filesystems,
at least it did for me. The slow deletes feature was very helpful to me.
Before that feature I had to think about what was happening before I deleted
any file of 2 hours or more.

How does not enabling slow deletes help you?, if that's what you mean.

I record at least as much during the "wee hours" as I do any other time of
day, and not using the the "suggested time" feature of SD might not be the
best thing for them (though I am not sure how much of a factor that might
be).

--
beww
beww at beww.org