[mythtv-users] running mythtv on Debian Lenny?

diane mittnik dianemittnik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 11:25:49 UTC 2008

I haven't installed Debian Lenny yet so I don't know the status of
mythtv deb packages (which version, problems, etc), anyone know or
have mythtv running on Debian Lenny?

Is there a how-to or walk-through for running mythtv on lenny?

Are lenny-deb packages available for the latest stable mythtv release?

I'm aware of debian-multimedia, just not sure about just how
plug-and-play the packages are with mythtv and how up-to-date they
are, especially since debian-multimedia (and backports.org) sometimes
leave some extensions, "optional" components or plug-ins out of their
repositories.

Anyone build mythtv from source on Lenny and have a how-to or tips
available?  Any major issues?

tia

D.