[mythtv-users] broken mpeg4 recordings with SD bt878/bttv tuners

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Mon Dec 22 15:52:35 UTC 2008

Bttv may be old technology, but that doesn't mean it is no longer
viable.  Bttv can create much smaller files with out the need to
transcode as the encoding happens in software.  Why replace it with
another analog solution that may not be useful much longer depending
on the OPs reception options?

As for the OP I'm afraid I have no useful information other than to
say that my bttv based card is working fine.  I would check to see if
you've applied any updates lately that may have messed things up.