[mythtv-users] Possible hauppauge HD PVR alternative??

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Dec 22 22:17:26 UTC 2008

Gregg <3gemail at gmail.com> says:
> I was surfing the net and came across these Hi def options.....
>
> http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/
> http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/videorecorder/
>
> Does anyone know if these can be used the same way as the HD PVR?

<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/360304#360304>
(from just two weeks ago!)

<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/297523#297523>

<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/223410#223410>

Time was, mythtv-users would get people asking every month or two
"Will the [Blackmagic|Neuros|some other video-capture gadget wth
component-in jacks] capture and compress HD video?" One would have
thought that the HD-PVR's arrival would have ended such questions for
good but no, now it's "Will the [Blackmagic|Neuros|some other gadget]
be cheaper than the HD-PVR?" Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array