[mythtv-users] OT: OTA HD

Jonny B jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 03:50:13 UTC 2008

> I don't want to hijack the OPs thread so I'll be glad to start a new thread.
>
> Although my cable company is currently broadcasting the locals I'm having a
> problem picking them up, weak signal, etc.? I do have an external antenna in
> my attic as was suggested earlier  but its getting no use since I only have
> a single input on my TV...
>
> What is that kind of combiner called? is there some kind of problem with
> multiple local frequencies on the same cable, etc?

Can I ask you why you want to do this? For a mythtv setup, I would
have a tuner card for the OTA recordings, and another for the Cable
recordings. I see that you mentioned plugging into your TV, so I
presume this is not for recordings? I think an A/B switch might be
your best solution for TV input...