[mythtv-users] HDHR in harsh enviroments (was:OT: OTA HD )

James Van Vleet james.vanvleet at verety.com
Fri Dec 26 16:59:12 UTC 2008

On Thursday 25 December 2008 11:48:14 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> If you have power and ethernet in the attic you can place a network
> based ATSC device such as a HDHomeRun next to the antenna. Even if
> you just have power there you can set up power-line networking to
> reach the device.

Has anyone done this?   I was wondering if an HDHR could stand up to the
kind of temperature swings that can happen in an attic.  I was
contemplating something like this in the spring.  A few of us have
posted to the HDHR forum and finally were told only that it was
guaranteed to work in 0-40C (32-104F).

I have only had my HDHR for a month or so but it has stood up to -15
degrees in the garage...

-James (in balmy North Dakota)