[mythtv-users] What is best way to use ipod touch as remote for mythtv?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 18:22:25 UTC 2008

On Dec 26, 2008, at 9:30 AM, "Allen Edwards"
<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to control MythTV using a G2 ipod touch over wifi.
>
> The most supported thing I can find is Mymote.
>
> Something less supported but promising and perhaps simpler is:
> http://www.legatissimo.info/node/355
>
> I like simple but I also like supported so not sure which of these
> would be better.
>
> If anyone is using either of these or perhaps another application
> and can share their experience, I would appreciate it.

I have used both and both serve their functions as advertised. I
prefer mymote and you can customize the layout. That said, I still
find the interface a little lacking and prefer using my harmony. It is
definitely worth setting up and giving it a shot but I also found that
it eats up battery life (I assume due to keeping a telnet connection
open).