[mythtv-users] Trying to get a TV signal into myth-tv using Haupauge Nova-T 500

Helge Fredriksen helgeingvart at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 21:47:31 UTC 2008

Hello!

I'm a total newbie to the myth-tv framework, and I've been trying to use it
to receive TV signals on a Ubuntu 8.10 box equipped with a Haupauge Nova-T
500 card in Norway.

I'm able to setup the channels, and I've been following the handbook to the
letter on how to configure the backend.

However, I'm getting no signal whatsoever when I'm trying to watch TV in the
frontend. It just flickers a bit and returns me to the frontpage of the
program when I select this option. It doesn't give me any error messages on
the console either when running it in the foreground. However, the system
status shows that TV-card 1 to 6 (!) is not accessible. How come? I'm able
to get a TV signal using "vlc channels.conf"...

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Helge Fredriksen