[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect, mythtvsetup and XMLTV tv_grab_na_dd

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Mon Dec 29 00:08:27 UTC 2008

When I attempt to import a schedule from SchedulesDirect (where I am
registered), this is what results:

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
Reusing existing connection to
webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... No data received.
Retrying.
And so on.

From the output of ps I see that mythtvsetup is running wget,
    wget --http-user='mylogin' --http-passwd='mypassword' --post-
file='/tmp/mythtv_post_hkF4JQ' --header='Accept-Encoding:gzip' --
output-document='sched' http:/
webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com/schedulesdirect/
tvlistings/xtvdService

running this command from the shell gives me the same results.

At the suggestion of the good folk at SchedulesDirect, I tried to fetch
the schedule using XMLTV's tv_grab_na_dd, which worked. XLMTV is using
the same URL, although I believe that the authentication protocol is
different.

SchedulesDirect suggested that I use XMLTV to fetch the schedule, which
is clearly an option, although somewhat messy.

Question (finally!) Has anyone debugged this problem? Or am I
stuck with XMLTV.

Thanks.