[mythtv-users] What would happen if I cloned a working system disk and put it in another system?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 17:05:26 UTC 2008

Sounds like it is at least worth an attempt.

I had thought about using dd, but I can't recall now why I thought
there would be a problem with it -- target disk smaller than source
disk, perhaps?

All the disks under consideration are plain old IDE, so no worries about SCSI.

Calvin- I haven't looked at the man page yet, but I'm guessing
grub-install takes care of the MBR issue?  Also, thanks for the
pointer about rebuilding the initrd after booting with a rescue disk.

If I learn anything more | new | interesting, I'll reply to this thread.

Thanks to all for the replies!

Craig.