[mythtv-users] Mythtv and Choice Hotels

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Dec 31 05:49:21 UTC 2008

jedi wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 05:11:01PM -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> When you're bargain hunting, you stay at places like Motel 6. When you
>> aren't concerned with the bill, you stay at an expensive place and pay
>> for all the extras. That wasn't hard, was it?
>
>      Well, this is the difference between cheap crap, cheap crap with
> an attitude and stuff that's priced at what it really costs. A lot of
> stuff is priced below where it's sustainable due to cutthroat price
> competition. Then they nickel and dime you back to where the real price
> should be. Being a big, well advertised monster ads a lot of it's own
> overhead.

I doubt Motel 6 is priced below sustainable levels, or they'd have gone
under long ago.  I suspect part of the difference, though, is that
people staying at Motel 6 are probably on their own dime and care about
the price.  People staying at a fancier hotel are probably staying at
their employer's expense.