[mythtv-users] 1 tuner of 2 records poorly from a single channel

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 1 02:11:26 UTC 2008

Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> I live in a high-rise apartment so there's a lot of opportunity
> for a tech to cause problems, like leaving the door to the cable panel open
> to swing in the wind.

Obviously you have never worked in the communications field.

That action is referred to as "Active Ambient Air Cooling". The flapping
door helps to move cooling air into the enclosure.

But seriously,

I believe the 500 card has an LNA on it. Is there a difference if you
switch it on or off?

Loose connections tend to manifest themselves more at lower frequencies.
A problem that's only on channel 2 would make me look at possible
mechanical problems.

beww