[mythtv-users] Audio or Video, not Both

Jesse Burt genecide at comcast.net
Mon Feb 4 03:21:37 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 21:25 -0500, Reid Anderson wrote:

> Is there something I'm missing in the BIOS or MythTV Settings that
> would be keeping my SPDIF jack from producing signal (and thus a
> little red light)?

Reid,

It may sound stupid, but have you checked for any mixer settings
pertaining to optical, S/PDIF or IEC958? Any/all of them should be
enabled, unmuted, full volume.

On another note, Some devices (at least SB Live digital) seem to have
this logic reversed for some reason, i.e.,
S/PDIF is active when the IEC958 control is _muted_ (no clue why).

Cheers,
Jesse