[mythtv-users] HDMI-to-CAT5 Converter

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 4 19:31:51 UTC 2008

On 02/04/2008 11:19 AM, Brian Wood wrote:
> Alex Harford wrote:
>
>> On Feb 3, 2008 11:44 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I ran into this, might be of interest to the group here:
>>>
>>> http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/4514/honeywell_introduces_hdmi
>> At $250 for each end, I'll stick with a DVI-HDMI cable. :)
> Yeah, that price is outrageous, but it seems to be what everyone is
> charging.
> You could just about buy an entire Myth box for that price, or almost a
> 27" LCD.

Also, do these really carry the signal in IP or is it "unswitchable."  I
got the impression it required a direct cabling approach between the two
converters and that it couldn't really hook into the existing runs in
"the high number of homes pre-wired with category cabling" (which almost
definitely are run from a central hub/switch.

Mike