[mythtv-users] Watching active recordings stops on remote frontends

Jarett Creason nobleiceman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:19:22 UTC 2008

Hey all,

I'm having a problem with my Myth setup (0.20.2), I searched the archives
but couldn't find this...  Yesterday, I set the Super Bowl to record from my
master backend/frontend machine, and it uses the HDHomeRun tuner.  On that
machine, I was able to go to the recordings screen, select the recoding and
tell it to play, then jump up to "real time" and watch it as it happens.  I
have two other remote frontends I also wanted to watch the game from.  I did
the same thing, went the recordings menu, played the recording, then jumped
to a few seconds behind real time, but then the playback would exit back to
the recordings screen, like the recording was over.  I tried again, but this
time I'd jump to a minute behind, but then after a minute or so, it would
exit again, like the recording was done.  What I figured out was that when I
press play on the recording, where ever the stream is currently at, that's
where it exits once it reaches that point, like it doesn't update how long
the recording is while it plays.

For example (since I may not be too clear), I press play on the Super Bowl,
and when I first get the picture, I press the info button, and it says that
I'm 1 second into the recording, and the recording's current length is 4
minutes and 30 seconds.  The recording is growing though, since it's in
progress.  If I just let it play, 4 minutes and 30 seconds later, the
recording is 9 minutes long, but the playback exits right there.

I was able to just "Watch TV" on one of the two remote frontends using the
2nd tuner on the HDHomeRun, which worked fine, so I had it playing in two
places...  Thanks for any help, and if I'm overlooking some thread or
already known fix for this, please just point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jarett