[mythtv-users] Best way to listen to long spoken-word audio files

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Mon Feb 4 23:09:55 UTC 2008

I have a few long (30 minute or 60 minute) mp3s, which are radio
programs which I have previously nuvexported. What is the best way to
listen to these in Myth, giving me the ability to skip through them,
just as I can with TV recordings using the Internal player?

I've tried playing them via Mythmusic, but the UI isn't a good fit for
these types of audio files. I can rewind and fast forward using
PgUp/PgDn but for a long recording that's not as good as the
up/down/left/right skipping of 10 mins/30secs/5secs that I get for TV
recordings.

I've tried playing them via Mythvideo, but the internal player doesn't
want to play mp3s.

I could try an external player, but which one? I would rather not have
to configure another player for LIRC, and have a mismatch of on-screen
UI, but if that's the only good solution I'll try it.

Alternatively, is there a way of creating an AVI or similar from an mp3,
so that I could play it with Mythvideo Internal player? Or would a
different audio format be any better?

What do other people do with long non-music audio files, such as radio
programs or audio books?

Cheers,

John

--