[mythtv-users] Xbox Generic IR Receiver Working With LIRC?

Erik Mellquist erik.mellquist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 00:23:23 UTC 2008

Does anybody have any experience (success or failure) with a generic
(non-Microsoft) Xbox DVD kit IR receiver and getting it to work with LIRC?

I used this thing with my Xbox running Xebian and it worked fine after
making some changes to the USB drivers (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/156055?search_string=xbox%20chinese%20remote;#156055
).

lsusb output is:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0781:5150 SanDisk Corp. SDCZ2 Cruzer Mini Flash Drive
(thin)
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 006: ID ffff:ffff
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 045e:00d2 Microsoft Corp.
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 05ac:0204 Apple, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 05ac:1002 Apple, Inc. Extended Keyboard Hub [Mitsumi]
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

The third line (ffff:ffff) is the relevant device.  This is the same
behavior mentioned in the link above.  I'm not sure what I need to do in
order to add the relevant drivers to Fedora 8.  Any help is appreciated.

Erik