[mythtv-users] Cannot enter password for recording group

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Feb 5 19:44:34 UTC 2008

aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com> says:
> Recently I tried adding a password to some of my Recording Groups.
> Mainly I was just trying out the feature since I'd never really played
> with it before.
>
> I was able to successfully add a password to the group. When I then
> select that group to display only those recordings in Watch Recordings
> I am prompted to enter the password. So far so good... but then I
> don't seem to be able to get past that point. That is, I can type in
> the password but cannot press Enter.

Unless something's changed in SVN, no Enter is necessary; the PIN is
accepted as soon as the last correct digit's put in. Therefore, you're
not typing the right PIN. (The PINs in mythfrontend's setup and
mythvideo work the same way.)

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array
Slave backend:		Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6