[mythtv-users] Twin tuner problems in 0.20.2 (svn20071210)

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Tue Feb 5 20:05:29 UTC 2008

I have a Nova TD usb stick.  When I associated the second tuner with an
input source, I encountered so many problems I had to go back to using a
single tuner.  I gather some of these problems seem to be driver-related
(EIT checks causing disconnection, etc.) but there were timing issues
where I'm not sure if the problem is the driver or MythTV.

I scheduled a 60 minute recording that stopped after 40 minutes,
although the log messages claim that the recording stopped at the
correct time.  The mythtv frontend on a separate box repeatedly became
confused and exited recordings only a few minutes into the recording; I
could jump forwards into the recordings as far as I liked but from
whatever point I let them play, they would wait X minutes and exit.

Going back to one tuner made these timing problems go away.

--
Bruce

Hierophant: someone who remembers, when you are on the way down,
everything you did to them on the way up.