[mythtv-users] Mythdora vs Mythbuntu

Ronald Pijnacker pijnacker at dse.nl
Tue Feb 5 21:08:00 UTC 2008

> Ronald Pijnacker wrote:
> >
> > Without knowing more about your specific systems, this is hard to answer.
> > I'm running mythbuntu nicely on a Pundit-R and a laptop (both without XvMC),
> > however I ran out of luck trying to get XvMC running in mythbuntu on my
> > main frontend, which is a VIA EPIA with a nehemiah processor and CLE266
> > integrated graphics chip. Asking around on the mythtv lists, the mythbuntu
> > forum or the openchrome lists sadly did not help. Interestingly, installing
> > mythdora on the same system resolved all issues. The system runs fine now.
> >
> > My point is that even on the same hardware using different distributions with
> > the same drivers (possibly different versions, all recent though) can yield
> > different results. Comparing two different systems is a bit more apples and
> > pears.
> >
> > Ronald.
> I don't mean to hijack this thread, but you did experiment with the openchrome
> driver that is in apt already right?

Mario, sorry for the slow reply, but my previous reply got lost waiting for
moderation.
Yes, I've tried the openchrome driver, but that wasn't an improvement.
I even talked to the guys on the openchrome irc-channel, but in the end they
suggested I ran mythfrontend with only Xv enabled.
After that, I opted for mythdora.

I was really a bit sorry about that...

Ronald