[mythtv-users] Sound card advice. Strange problems w/ playback

Mark Hutchinson mark at onnow.net
Wed Feb 6 15:52:39 UTC 2008

I am playing back SD and HD content on a shared front/back-end machine.
HD is fine, SD is a bit choppy and sound drops small sections.
CentOS 5.1, Core2duo, Firewire capture, Audigy value card ( low end )
HD is fine, but when playing SD live TV, I get tond of this my my
frontend log:
NVP prebuffering pause
NVP prebuffering pause
NVP prebuffering pause

Now, if I remove my sound card, video plays back perfectly.  I put it
in, and get that choppy playback.
I read this:

The recording has 32kHz audio and your sound card configuration/
>> hardware
>> requires 48kHz audio.  Fix your ALSA conf.

I have put in the recommended asound.conf, but this did not help.

Should I just be putting in a better sound card?
Any sound cards that people have had great luck with?

Other ideas?
Strange that HD is fine, but SD live TV is not.