[mythtv-users] MythDora EPIA M1000 Xorg.conf

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Thu Feb 7 08:54:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 22:20 +0000, Razza wrote:
> Can someone running MythDora on an EPIA M1000, please publish their
> Xorg.conf where they are running just a VGA output?
>
> I have really terrible performance with DVD playback, always jerky but
> sometimes playback stutters badly. My Xorg.conf is as follows, if
> anyone can see anything wrong.
>
> I have 256MB of Memory installed - I assume this is sufficient for a
> Frontend only?
>
> Thanks in advance!

I never succeeded in getting my EPIA to play a DVD without stuttering,
even though all the rest of Myth ran fine on it...

I even tried putting in an nVidia card, just to ensure I was using a
proper hardware MPEG decoder...  ;-)

I personally think it is something related to the Mobo busses, but I'd
love to be proven wrong... Might give that unused EPIA board a new
use... <G>
--
F Peeters
  PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250