[mythtv-users] "Odometer" Threads

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Thu Feb 7 08:55:38 UTC 2008

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

*snip*

>> The Tektronix PDR series obviously duplicated this technology, based on
>> the futurebus in, I believe, 1987 (at least on paper). Tektronix
>> eventually standardized on MJPEG, close enough to MPEG to obviate that
>> TiVo patent IMHO.
>
> Probably.  If someone can convince Tek that this patent will impact
> Profile sales, it will go away.
>
> Anyone know anybody at Tek?

If you are referring to the silly-scope company, I used to work for them
until they sold off the color printing and imaging devision to xerox
(and I ran).

Otherwise, no, not any more.

But their corporate headquarters is a few miles away from me here in
Beaverton (I believe there are a few other listers who are in this
general area as well).

Got a care package to deliver?  :-)