[mythtv-users] CPU not enough to drive 1080P? Core2duo

Mark Hutchinson mark at onnow.net
Thu Feb 7 14:43:37 UTC 2008

I am finding exactly the same thing.
Capture via firewire.  HD channels are great.
SD channels are a bit jitterty and so is the SPDIF audio.

Could this be the 8600 Nvidia card?  What would a better XvMC card
be?  8800?  or is the 8XXX series that is not working with XvMC?

Now the question.  WHY in the world would SD be jittery and HD ( much
greater throughput ) is clear and perfect.

Ideas?  There is really not much in the logs.