[mythtv-users] Can't play x264 encoded video, mythfrontend crash

Andreas linuxdreas at launchnet.com
Thu Feb 7 18:15:33 UTC 2008

Am Mittwoch, 06. Februar 2008 22:39:39 schrieb Taco Mel:
> > Would you mind sharing the 2-pass commandlines for
> > mencoder you are using?
>
> Here is the content of $HOME/.mplayer/mencoder.conf:

[cut]

I tried your settings to see if that made any difference with the internal
player, but to no avail. I also used avidemux to make a small test sample
with h264+mp3. And while avidemux totally borked the picture and a/v sync
(well, I guess I just didn't use the right settings), the file played with
some stuttery sound in MythTV.

> 4. Still need advice on the issues I'm seeing with
> regard to the strange playback. :-)

yeah. me too.

For now I pack my encoded videos with extra audio and subtitle streams in a
mkv container and use mplayerinstead of the internal player in MythTV.

--
Gruß
Andreas