[mythtv-users] OT Superbowl and Direct TV, 2 separate items.

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Fri Feb 8 05:34:37 UTC 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Thu Feb 07, 2008 at 11:17:30PM -0500, MacNean Tyrrell wrote:
> > 1st.  I set up to record the Superbowl, but un beknownst to me while I
> > was out at friends, my daughter had turned it off (being 18 months old
> > she gets into stuff and likes to push buttons, somehow my mother let her
> > behind the TV stand).  So I went to cut out the commercials tonite, and
> > wow not there. So would anyone have an HD recording of this that I could
> > mail some blank DVD"s to and possibly use like RAR file to burn on DVD's
> > for me?  I'll pay shipping costs both ways.  Anyways.
>
> You gotta be kidding....
>
> The MythTV developers do not condone violating the NFL's copyright by
> doing this.  Any more requests like this could get you kicked from the
> mailing list.
>
> --
> Chris

Okay, I bite.

You seem to think it is legal for him to record the content in the first
place. So you seem to say he has a license to own the recording.

If that is true for him, it should be true for somebody else.

Somehow, if the other person gives their legal copy to the first person (also
legally entitled to have a copy) a crime is committed?

I am sure in your universe right angles are 87 degrees...

I think the mailing list admin can speak for himself.
Censorship by proxy sucks.

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
HAM DC2XT