[mythtv-users] OT Superbowl and Direct TV, 2 separate items.

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Feb 8 05:39:15 UTC 2008

On Feb 7, 2008, at 9:34 PM, Remco Treffkorn wrote:

> Okay, I bite.
>
> You seem to think it is legal for him to record the content in the
> first
> place. So you seem to say he has a license to own the recording.

No, he has the legal right to view the copy he personally made for his
own personal use. He does not have the right to own the recording or
anything else the copyright holder owns.

> If that is true for him, it should be true for somebody else.
>
> Somehow, if the other person gives their legal copy to the first
> person (also
> legally entitled to have a copy) a crime is committed?

No "a copy" but rather "THE copy personally made for personal viewing
only"

> I am sure in your universe right angles are 87 degrees...
>
> I think the mailing list admin can speak for himself.
> Censorship by proxy sucks.

Getting this list shut down because of illegal discussions sucks even
more. It's been said over and over again not to discuss illegal
activity on the list. Please respect the list admin's wishes.