[mythtv-users] Watching active recordings stops on remote frontends

Richard Woelk richardwoelk at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 8 06:41:31 UTC 2008

Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 03:38:24PM -0500, Josh White wrote:
>
>> My backend is running on Ubuntu 7.10, and I have a frontend running on
>> Ubuntu 7.10, a frontend on Mythbuntu, and two frontends running on Mac OS X
>> 10.4.  I've never experienced the issue you describe with any of them.
>>

> Well, I've seen it happen when I switched from just using one tuner to
> two on the backend.  Switching back to the one tuner fixed it, but
> that's not idea.

Is everyone with this problem using NFS?
What happens if you force myth to stream the video from the backend? (in
Mythfrontend, Under setup, settings, TV settings, playback)

I have my master backend doing all the recording, and my frontend is
also the database server and a slave backend
I don't have NFS set up at all, I just have a Samba server setup on the
master backend for copying to a windows box for archiving.
I am running the latest bleeding edge from atrpms (SVN r15447) on Fedora 8.

I hope this helps.
- Richard